Thursday, November 5, 2009

2 computer towers, 1 no keyboard,monitor,mouse. How can I connect the two computers so I can use fil

I have 2 computer towers, 1 does not have a mouse, keyboard or



monitor. Now, the old computer will not boot up without having the



keyboard,mouse and monitor connected. What I would like to do



is to connect my new computer to the old computer so I can use



the files on both computers using only my new computers keyboard,



mouse, and monitor.



What would be the easiest way to do this? Can I use a KVM switch



to "boot" both computers and then use a usb or someother simple cable



to directly connect the two computer and have access to both computers?



Thanks



2 computer towers, 1 no keyboard,monitor,mouse. How can I connect the two computers so I can use files on bothwindows



You are exactly right. A KVM switch will let you use only one monitor, keyboard, and mouse. In order to share the files, you will need network cards in both pc's. Here, you can either get a crossover cable to connect the two, or a router, so that both can get to the Internet. The router will let both connect for things such as updating your antivirus programs on both pc's.



2 computer towers, 1 no keyboard,monitor,mouse. How can I connect the two computers so I can use files on bothantivirus download

No comments:

Post a Comment