Thursday, November 5, 2009

Career Question On Computers. Average Salaries of an IT? Is it worth going into?

Hey guys, I just recently graduated from high school and I am not exactly sure what I want to do yet. All I know is that I want to do something with computers, building them, taking them apart, Fixing problems, etc. From what I hear, that would mean being an IT at an office somewhere, I could be wrong. What type of schooling would you suggest for this? Would it be better to go to a technical school, or try and get my 4 year degree for this. Are most jobs out there requiring that i get atleast a bachelor's degree to work for them? The 2 most common Major's I see in colleges for computers is Computer science and Computer engineering. But I looked into both of these and Computer Science is more with programming than anything else, and Computer Engineering is more of designing everything that goes into a computer I believe. What I want to do is fix computers, rebuild them, and fix problems with software and other things on the computers. What is the best job for what I want to do?



Career Question On Computers. Average Salaries of an IT? Is it worth going into?antivirus programs



My suggestion for you is to conduct your search for answers backward. Rather than thinking about what degree and school to pursuit, start from what kind of jobs or tasks you like to do.



So go to a job sites and look for IT related jobs. Search for the kind of jobs you might like to do. Job descriptions will tell you what you need to know in order to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment