Thursday, November 5, 2009

I need help networking 2 wired computers and 2 wireless computers?

I have 4 computers i need to network together and need help. 3 computers have XP home and 1 has XP pro. They all share the same internet connection and can each connect fine to the internet. 2 are wired to the router and 2 are wireless. I have ran the network setup wizard and made the network disk. I installed it on each computer, but it will not connect the 2 wired computers to the 2 wireless computers. The 2 wireless computers are connected fine and are networked, yet i cannot get the other 2 wired computers to connect. I have double checked the workgroup name is the same and verified the right computer name for each computer. I have diabled the firewalls, zonealarm, virus protection and still will not work. On both the wireless computers i can see the wired computers under-entire network-microsoft windows network-(myworkgroup name). when i click, it says you do not have access to this network contact administrator. HELP!



I need help networking 2 wired computers and 2 wireless computers?antivirus protection



Sounds like you're trying to do everything right. Firewalls are the #1 issue, but those are disabled.



First, I would check the IP addresses for all computers to make sure they're on the same subnet. If your wireless computers are getting a different IP range than your wired, you'll have problems networking them peer-to-peer.



Second, I would try again from scratch. Pick a different workgroup name and join all four computers to the new workgroup.



I need help networking 2 wired computers and 2 wireless computers?computer repair



http://www.homenethelp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment