Thursday, November 5, 2009

Three Computers, One Printer, Password Protecting?

i read that i can password protect my printer sharing so that only people on my computer can print, however lets say i have 3 computers and one printer and the only people i would like to protect my printer from are the ones that don't live here and by that i mean.



Is there a way so that when someone goes to printing on the other 2 computers they would need a password each time to tell my printer to print something without them having to actually be specifically on my computer to do so. I want to password protect my printer from other computers and not my computer specifically. Like if my sister wants to print something, she would have to type in the password in order to do so, but if someone else gets on her computer the would also need to know the password. Most of the time my nephew lets people on his computer and if they wanted to, they could print something, so thats why i need the password protection for.



Three Computers, One Printer, Password Protecting?anti virus scan



Well you have a couple options. There are some printers that require a password for ALL PRINT JOBS! These are usually expensive cannon printers. What you CAN do is set up your printer as a shared printer and then set permissions for certain users. You can do this by right clicking the printer and turn on Sharing and Security, then select the permissions button and setup the user permissions

No comments:

Post a Comment