Thursday, November 5, 2009

Problem with connecting two computers via ethernet/cross-over cable?

I have two computers, one has vista, the other has xp. I'm trying to transfer files from the xp computer to the vista computer. I'm almost positive I'm using a crossover cable. I just used the following site to create a connection between these two computers:



http://www.5starsupport.com/tutorial/net...



Both of the computers recognize the connection as the other computer shows up on both computers. However, the XP computer cannot ping the vista computer using the command prompt. The vista computer can ping the XP computer on the other hand. Although the XP computer shows up on my vista computer, when I try to access it, it asks for a password. I disabled all password protection on the xp computer but still it asks for a password. Anyone have any ideas about this?



Problem with connecting two computers via ethernet/cross-over cable?



Sounds like a firewall config problem to me.



Try closing both firewalls, and ping each way again.



Start one firewall, repeat.



Then configure the firewall program that is giving you the problem.



Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment