Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Network Problem Between My Computers...Help?

Alright, to start it off, I have three computers, in this case I'll name them Comp.s A, B, and C. Computers A and B are both running on Windows Vista (A is a Windows Vista Home Premium Desktop and B is a Windows Vista Basic Laptop). Computer C is a Windows XP PRO Desktop. Computers B and C run through a residential gateway or in other words, they connect to the internet from another computer that of which is Computer A. In simpler words, Computer A's connection with the wireless router is Wired and the other two are wireless. Okay so here's the problem, I can see Computer C, my Windows XP Desktop, on Both of A and B's Network maps, and on their Network Device Windows. Computers A and B can access each other perfectly, but A and B can't connect to Computer C and C can't connect to A and B. All three of my computers are in the same workgroup, and they share the same network. Computer C is the problem, It can't access the workgroup, and connect to other computer on the network. Problem



A Network Problem Between My Computers...Help?anti virus



A couple of suggestions, can computer C see A and B? You could have a windows firewall issue on computer C or if you are running a different brand of firewall it could be your problem. When you try to connect to a shared drive on computer C from A or B, does it give you a pop up box that says it cant connect, or does it just sit there and never do anything? I had a simular issue with two windows 2000 boxes, that had the signon accounts disabled, so when I turned the computers on they just went right into windows. They were both set to administrator logon, but we had two different passwords set up on the two computers, kept getting an error message that I didnt have permission to connect to the other. I made both administrator passwords the same on both boxes and next thing I knew I could connect and share the drives...

No comments:

Post a Comment