Monday, October 19, 2009

Can I connect multiple computers to a hub, and then connect the hub to a wireless bridge in my netwo

So what I have are two computers and an XBOX 360. Computer A on one side of my house connected by wire to my wireless ADSL router. Computer B and the 360 are side by side on the other side of my house. If I buy a wireless bridge (presuming it only has one ethernet port) and run from it a cable to a hub with both computer B and the 360 connected to it, will that work? Basically the situation would look like this:



ROUTER--%26gt; wired--%26gt; COMPUTER



^--%26gt;wireless--%26gt; BRIDGE--%26gt; wired--%26gt; HUB--%26gt; wired--%26gt; 360



..... ...... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ^--%26gt; wired--%26gt; COMPUTER B



Is this possible?



PS. Assume I can't move my router.



(BTW, if that diagram got screwed up because of formatting, that's not my fault.) ;)



Can I connect multiple computers to a hub, and then connect the hub to a wireless bridge in my network?cafe racer



What I would suggest is the following.



Wireless Router w/ Wired Ports



Hook up Computer A via ethernet Port or Wireless adapter.



Hook up Computer B via Wireless adapter



Hook up XBox 360 with Wireless Bridge



Wireless Bridges for XBox 360



http://www.buy.com/retail/searchresults....



Wireless Adapter for PCs



http://www.buy.com/prod/linksys_wusb54g_...

No comments:

Post a Comment