Monday, October 19, 2009

My computer can ping the other two computers, but those computers cannot ping my computer. Why?

I have three computers all connected to a router. One of my computers can ping the other two, but those two cannot ping it back. What can I do to restore connectivity in both directions?



My computer can ping the other two computers, but those computers cannot ping my computer. Why?norton



Please check the following on the computer which can not be pinged (if windows)



Control Panel -%26gt; Windows Security Center -%26gt; Windows Firewall -%26gt; Advanced -%26gt; ICMP Settings.



Check "Allow incoming echo request"



My computer can ping the other two computers, but those computers cannot ping my computer. Why?spyware remover



Ping is only needed when you're diagnosing networking problems. Your don't need to accept Pings if you can already see and get to shared files on the other two computers.
set the ip addresses of your two computers manually and the submasks. you may need to restart pc.
Adjust the firewall on your PC

No comments:

Post a Comment