Thursday, October 8, 2009

Question about switching computers and i-Tunes (people that know what they are talking about only)?

Ive got a new computer! *cheers* but... one problem



i-Tunes.



I have 300 songs on i-Tunes, on my old computer.



And to keep all of my songs, I had to export the library and then we are planing on copying it onto a disk key, so i can transfer all my songs onto my new computer.



we checked the file where I had exported my songs, and we dont think its big enough to have all 300 songs in it.



So please tell us (me and my dad) how to switch computers with i-Tunes while keeping all our songs.



PS. my dad is a computer scientist and is a total whiz. please dont give us any BS please or any rude comments



Question about switching computers and i-Tunes (people that know what they are talking about only)?computer security



You have to copy over the actual .mp3 and .m4a files from the directory where the actual music is stored. The export library function just makes an XML file describing all your songs, it's not the songs itself. Do a search of your hard drive for files of type .mp3 and .m4a or whatever other format your songs are in, and copy all of those onto the disk key and onto the other computer. They probably won't fit onto the disk key all at once.



Oh, I just found how to find where your songs are using itunes: Go to the edit menu, select Preferences, click the Advanced tab, and right there should be the directory name where your songs are. Copy everything in that folder to the new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment