Monday, October 19, 2009

I have 2 computers connected to a wireless router. Why does 1 computer gets cut off from the interne

Two computers are connected to a wireless router. Everytime I turn my computer off, the other computer gets disconnected from the internet. When I turn my computer back on, the other computer connects to the net again. Help.



I have 2 computers connected to a wireless router. Why does 1 computer gets cut off from the internet?virus



if you have a DSL/Cable Modem Hooked up to a wireless Router It does not matter if your ISP can hadle 1 or 2 PC. nothing to do with it, what router and PC Cards(wireless) are you using? and what PC are you running? not enought to respond to.



I have 2 computers connected to a wireless router. Why does 1 computer gets cut off from the internet?anti virus



Depends on your Internet provider check with them to see if it can handle 2 computers online at the same time
Good question - I am going to make a guess - You may have internet sharing enabled on the one pc that you turn off first. Check the internet sharing on you local area connection ( in win xp)If it is turn it off. OR... Do you have TCP/IP settings on the one pc that looses the connection set for "obtain IP address automaticly" Start there.
i think the second computer gets connected through the first computer instead of the wireless router.

No comments:

Post a Comment