Monday, October 19, 2009

Cannot connect to the internet using my two computers?

It's been two week now since I could last connect my two computers. My main computer is connected through wired connection, though I have a wireless connected so I can connect to the other computer. Not too long ago I updated my network magic, which I have on both computers. I did the wrong thing and updated to the newest version of network magic. Now both my main computer and the other computer have the same IP address?? I can only connect to my other computer and access the internet, on my main computer the internet doesn't work. But, I cannot connect wirelessly on both computers I can only connect through wired connection on the other computer, on the main computer the internet doesn't work at all, it's not the router, or the wireless I assume I think it's to do with the same IP address, what do I do so both computers can access the internet?



Cannot connect to the internet using my two computers?norton ghost



Well, that is the problem with these "magical" programs, they don't always work "Magic".



If it were me, I would go into the control panel, network connections, double click on the wired, or wireless adapter.



A screen will appear that shows a list of "network protocols" find the one that says, TCP/IP (internet) double click it! Check the box that says, "Obtain Address Automatically" and the box that says "Obtain DNS Automatically" . CLick ok and let the computer do its thing. Then restart the computer and see if the IP conflict is gone! If you need help here is a guide.



Since you didn't say what OS, I have to guess XP (as the above)



http://www.answers.vt.edu/ask4help/conne...



and one with Pictures



http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/networking/d...



You may need to restart your router as well.



Good Luck - hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment