Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why don't new computers come with the operating system CDs?

I was at Office Depot, and I was told that if I buy a new computer, it comes with Windows... but no CD. So (correct me if I'm wrong), that means that if my computer crashes, I would not have the OS on disc, so I'd have to buy a new OS. IS that right? Why is that the new standard? Am I overreacting? Is this not a big deal? It's making me very nervous to buy a new computer. I don't know much about computers, so is it unlikely it'll crash anyway? My current computer is old and sucky, and I have to reformat and reload windows every few months. It's time for a new computer.



Why don't new computers come with the operating system CDs?computer repair



they have recovery partitions.. you can make backups of the recovery partition so that if it crashes you can reinstall your operating system... computer companies do not provide them anymore to keep cost down.....



Why don't new computers come with the operating system CDs?free antivirus



The last few laptop and even desktops I have had had a recovery partition or a program when you 1st bring the computer up to make the recovery DVDs yourself. Most of them make 2-3 DVDs and keep these put up and you can reinstall from a new state just like you bought it. Thanks
Some years ago I was able to get a CD of the OS with the purchase of a new hard drive or motherboard. I don't know if anyone still offers that, but you might check some suppliers online or in Computer Shopper etc.



Other than that, follow the first answer advice and also make all the recovery disks and backups that your computer's help and support pages recommend.
How would you like to bring your old computer up to date.. for NOTHING ? run an operating system that puts MS Vista Ultimate to shame.. get better software application than those for windows... all for NOTHING...



do some research into Linux



Then check out the website below

No comments:

Post a Comment