Thursday, October 22, 2009

How do I network 2 home computers & 2 identical hp psc printers, each printer to print from its

I am adding my daughter's computer and printer to her bedroom. I installed a router and cable connecting from my cable modem to both of our computers and have operational e-mail and internet access. My computer prints, as usual, from my computer on my hp psc 1200 series printer. My daughter has a Dell computer and also a hp psc 1200 series printer. Her printer works fine for copies and when I first installed it, also printed from her computer. Now I can't make either printer work from her computer. I've checked the USB connection from the printer to her computer and it seems to be OK. In the Control Panel/Printer %26 Fax list, my comuter shows my hp psc 1200 series printer and also an Auto hp psc 1200 series on CINDY-A4CO4MMAO, which I think is the number of her computer. That option doesn't appear on her list of printers. I think I need guidance. I am a 79 year old lady who is reasonably good with my computer but not knowldgable about hardware or networks. Thanks for any help.



How do I network 2 home computers %26 2 identical hp psc printers, each printer to print from its own computer?computer security



Well try uninstalling both printers from both computers, then reinstalll them again and see if they work....that should fix the problem, before you reinstall the printers make sure that you unplug them while they are turned on and leave them unpluged for a couple of seconds, that way the printers reset themselves, When you reinstall each printer, reinstall them one at a time. That should fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment