Monday, October 19, 2009

Two computers... same problem?

Two years ago I had a computer that must have got a virus. It was totally functional BUT would no longer access the internet. I cannot remember the verbage but it was something like "failure to provide IP". I tried everything I could think of and asked all my friends. I ended up formatting the hard drive and reloading windows. The same problem was there. It will not give up it's IP. OK...a couple of weeks ago my 12 yr old brings a computer in from the trash enclosure. It is a Dell Dimensions in perfect shape, works great BUT it will not access the internet. I looked at the diag. programs on it and saw that last time they had been ran was 730 days ago (2 years) what a coinkydink!!! Whoever owned it gave up just like I did and got another computer.



Does anyone know what caused these problems? How can I fix them? I do still have both computers.



Two computers... same problem?best antivirus software



I think you have not mentioned that you configured your internet connectivity. Did you use any cd provided by your ISP, internet service provider. Have you configured internet connection on a pc before ?



I think you can call the help desk of your ISP to get details how to set up internet connection on a computer with newly installed windows, that should take care of the problem.



(Or that the modem depending again on the type of internet connection you have, either internal or external is not installed properly )

No comments:

Post a Comment