Monday, October 19, 2009

Cant access other computers on network...?

Im trying to connect to other computers on this network. I can see the computers but when I try to open and view whats on them, it asks me for a password. All the other computers except 1 are running NT and the one with XP it lets me connect to. The computer that I'm using to try to connect has XP on it. The Computers with NT have no problem viewing the files from each other... only the computer with XP wont connect. Can someone help me out with this?



Cant access other computers on network...?panda



In order to access an XP machine, depending upon its configuration, you will need the username and password. Also check the firewall setting(particularly if there are two, such as Windows Firewall and Norton Internet Security); the local zone(local computers) have to be put in the trusted zone before XP will allow connection. Usually in these cases it is the firewall. Good Luck



Cant access other computers on network...?suzuki



The NT boxes have the passwords saved in them. Ask your network administrator for help
I had this same problem not long ago, you



need to make sure that the guest account



is turned on, on all the computers.



Try that and see if it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment