Monday, October 19, 2009

Networking 2 computers thru modem/router?

Both computers are already connected to the internet. I want to share folders. Ran the wizard, (i didn't make the disk, I have no floppy drive) The one computer shows the main computer but says it doesn't have the required access. And the main computer isn't showing the other computer! I can't find anywhere to give permission and the more I read, the more confused I get! Can someone explain in detail, or give me a link to easy instructions.



Thanks



Becky



Networking 2 computers thru modem/router?spyware remove



Make sure file and print sharing is enabled on both pcs in network properties. You should now see a sharing tab when you right click on any folder or drive. Click whatever folder or drive you want to share and enable sharing and the level of sharing you want. When you open network places, you should then see the folder. I simply share the whole drive on the rest of my lan pcs and disable sharing on my main pc.



Networking 2 computers thru modem/router?virus protection



Setting up a Home Network



Refer these Articles for Setting up a Home Network:



http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...



http://www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_...



http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...



Good Luck and Happy Computing



Regards,



Prasad.
Sounds like about the only thing you needto do is set both machines to allow file and printer sharing.



Go to "My Computer" - "File Sharing" and set your defaults.

No comments:

Post a Comment