Thursday, October 22, 2009

Computer Microphone (Headset) Will Not Function Properly but Works On Other Computers?

Since my computer headset with microphone works with other computers but not mine, I'm assuming that it's my computer that's the problem.



Before any of you tell me to open up my volume control, here is what I've tried.



I've opened volume control and no, "Microphone" is not muted.



I've gone to Options%26gt;Properties then clicked on the "Recording" tab and "Microphone" is checked and selected on "Recording Control" so that isn't the problem.



"Device Manager" has no problems with it.



I can hear perfectly fine with my headset but trying to talk through my microphone is almost impossible.



The only possible way that I can hear myself is if I scream as hard as I can and it still sounds far away (I tested this with Windows Sound Recorder and Ventrilo).



Is there any other solution?



(Buying another mic is really unnecessary as other working microphones will not work on this computer either)



Computer Microphone (Headset) Will Not Function Properly but Works On Other Computers?download



Hi. There could be a number of issues as to why your microphone is not working. Here are some things to consider (starting with simple things that are commonly overlooked):



- Turn off your computer completely, and restart after 30 seconds or so. Sometimes drivers will have a problem and wont restart. Restarting solves a number of issues with Windows. When I worked for SBC Global, it was the first thing we had the user do for all tech support issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment