Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sharing between two computers.. please help me?

There are two computers in my home network. They were shared previously. And due to some reasons I had to reinstall windows. Now, there is sharing no more. I had tried a lot since last 2 weeks to get out of this problem but failed!!! They do not ping each other. However, we can say they are connected because whenever one computer is booted the other one senses it and notifies that the next computer is either opened or closed. But there is no connection as both the computers do not show each other.



The next problem is that, whenever the two computers are plugged in.. both had the restarting problem of the same kind and also started parallely. For the time being, I have unplugged the sharing cord from one of the computers. And there is no restarting of computers since then.



For not pinging problem I also formatted the next computer. For checking whether it was due to the firewalls or any other factors to block the sharing connection.



please help me out of this problem



Sharing between two computers.. please help me?computer virus



1)I would check the loopback to see if the NIC is working properly. ping 127.0.0.1 on both PC's. If not reload your card drivers. You can get them from the manufacturers website usually



2) Assuming they are running XP, go to the control panel and make sure the firewall is off.



3) While in control panel, make sure you have the Network Connections configured properly--both cards need to have IP installed, both need to be on the same subnet and mask--i.e., IP 192.168.1.2 and the other PC is 192.168.1.3 and they both are on subnet of 255.255.255.0. Type IPCONFIG at a command prompt to verify this.

No comments:

Post a Comment