Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two computers on same internet?

ok my sister gave me her old computer for my kids to use and we hooked it up to a router from the modem like we were supposed to. I have norton security on both computers,i have defragmented and disk cleanup both computers. we have verizon dsl high speed internet. now the problem is both computers are freezing on us and slow to connect to sites now?? I don't know what else to do with it? Please tell me how to make them both right! anyone out there know? i hope so and so does my kids! thank you!



Two computers on same internet?downloads



Does the slowness happen when you disconnect one or the other computer?



Try to isolate the problem, start by turning everything off. Turn back on in the following order -



1. modem



2. router



3. original PC.



Does the original PC run as quickly as you think it should?



If yes,



Turn original PC off and turn on new PC, does it run as fast as your think it should.



Does the performance problem only happen when both are connected?



Loads of things, from configuration settings to cable problems could cause this type of problem.



Two computers on same internet?house call



"Freezing" is always a tough thing to diagnose because people mean so many things when they say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment