Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Are business computers more reliable than home computers.?

Hello friend. I was wondering, do you think business computers are more reliable than the home computers? The reason I ask is because they are more expensive. I;ve also heard that they use better parts in their business computers. But I don't know if that is really true.Thanks buddy.



Are business computers more reliable than home computers.?antispam



Most of my clients use exactly the same computers you would buy i n any shop. I usually build them from components bought cheaply from a wholesaler. Today I installed a replacement box for an older slow machine(about 9 years old). It is 2GB ram, 100GB hard drive (as most files in this company are on a server) core 2 duo. It cost just over half the local shop price for just the box. I have machines built the same way as much as 12 years old in regular use at these companies, some even older ones replaced by newer machines doing reliable jobs as Linux mail and file servers, and some more recent newly built ones handling file, web, mail, firewall, routing and dns server on Linux all at once. Failures are rare, and mostly user finger problem generated. I think I have replaced about 7 drives due to failures in all this time and 2 power supplies. CD drives are a more common cause of trouble, mostly they get gummed up with greasy dust due to lack of use. Keyboards and mice wear out at intervals. The quality of most manufacturers is surprisingly good. I have occasionally had a new component fail on install, I suspect bad handling in transit is responsible for this. And I know of one major pc manufacturer who fits very dated versions of parts to get their prices down. They are also very reliable.



Are business computers more reliable than home computers.?avast



They are slightly more reliable in the categories of data management and security. Though if you want to play any type of games, the graphics cards are at best 8MB of shared memory, so your not going to play anything other than solitare and Freecell.

No comments:

Post a Comment