Thursday, October 8, 2009

Connecting my 2 computers to internet....?

if I don't have a router, just an internet line coming in a class 5 cable and I have 2 computers, one has windows xp, a 56 k modem and a network card, the other one has windows ME, a 56 k modem and a network card, what I wanna do is connect my xp computer to internet by the network card and create a LAN with the phone cable from the modem of 1 computer to the modem of the other and make the other have some internet acces thru it. Is that possible?? How can I do that?? When I try to configure the xp computer it says other computers cant have access to internet thru this.



Connecting my 2 computers to internet....?internet security software



Sorry, you can not share a internet connection using dialup modems connected together.



If you put another ethernet card in your first computer you can enable ICS (Internet connection sharing) between the two computers using a crossover ethernet cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment