Sunday, October 4, 2009

Can Net Provider tell if 2 computers are connected to wireless router?

Ok, I have two computers. Originally only one computer was wired to the wireless router and the other one was wireless. But the computer using the wireless was going really slow and disconnecting alot, so I connected it to the wireless router as well. So, can the internet provider tell that I have two computers hooked up to the same router/connection? The reason I am asking is that Our internet provider charged one of my friends for having two computers hooked up since the rate only covers one computer. I dont rememer exactly how she had it hooked up, but I know it wasnt through a wireless router. I just want to know do I need to go back to the wireless and do some troubleshooting or can I leave it the way it is and not worry about getting double charged?



Can Net Provider tell if 2 computers are connected to wireless router?nortonantivirus



I don't know who your IP provider is or their policy BUT normally you pay for one connection. If you use a router (wired or wireless) you are sharing that ONE connection between computers and do not have two connections so you should NOT be charged for more than ONE.



Can the ISP tell how many computers are connected.. YES if they want to... Almost all ISP's know that a customer will connect a router to the line and share that connection. Whether it is wired or wireless doesn't matter. All a wireless router does is share the connection using radio signals rather than using a physical wire. It does not matter if one is wired one wireless or what combination you use. It is how many connections the ISP is providing and that number is almost always ONE to a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment