Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I get my three computers networked together wirelessly?

I have a desktop computer with a wireless router. I have a laptop computer with a Linksys wireless card. I have another laptop computer with a built-in wireless card. All three computers connect to the Internet, the 2 laptops do so wirelessly.



How do I set up my three computers so that they can recognize one another as being on the same network? Can this be done wirelessly, at the very least, can the 2 laptops "see" each other? I'd like to be able to transfer files from one laptop to the other, but leverage the wireless connection.



I'm running Windows on all 3 computers.



How do I get my three computers networked together wirelessly?antivirus



1) Make sure the names are them same on Workgroup



-Control Panel, system, computer Name. Click 'Change', enter name=pc1 or pc2 , Workgroup must be the same on both comptuers.



2) Turn off all software firewalls for now. Windows, Zonealarm...etc.



3) OK. do not reboot right now.



4) Open windows explorer, and pick your directory you want to share. Right click on it, Sharing and Security, click Share this Folder, give it a name. When you're finished, it should have a little hand showing on the folder in Windows Explorer. Repeat on other computers.



5) when finished, reboot both computers...and voila!



How do I get my three computers networked together wirelessly?computer

No comments:

Post a Comment