Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have a question about my computers memory.?

I have two compaq computer s that are the same year or about the same year. I was told that I could take the memory out of one of the compaq computers and adding it to the other computer. I took both computers apart and found the memory(or what I think is the memory) and one of the computers have two grey memory card s and the other computer has 3 grey cards of memory. There are no more slots for extra memory so where do I add the memory. Explain it step by step please.



I have a question about my computers memory.?computers



The quick answer is that the memory slots are full. To give your computer more memory, you're going to have to buy bigger RAM sticks. With more capacity, that is!



As for step-by-step info, let me recommend a website that explains it better than I can ... and it should help you out a LOT in figuring out your RAM upgrades.



Crucial.com will give you plenty of help about memory, including your options for installing more on your computer, what parts they have available, how much it will cost, etc. Make sure you use the visit the site using the computer you want to upgrade ... the site can actually check your computer, tell you whether you have any empty slots, how much RAM is in each slot, and what particular upgrades would work for your machine.



The URL, again, is www.crucial.com



Good luck! :-) Have fun, too, because it's a pretty neat site.

No comments:

Post a Comment