Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do all my home computers on my home network need a firewall or just the main one?

I have a wired system. The two computers can access the Internet through DSL. The main computer hooks directly into my router and has a few firewalls.



The ancient subsidiary windows 98, 2Gig computer does not have a firewall. It has a network card that hooks into the router. My DSL also hooks into the router.



I don't know if I can find a firewall product for Windows 98 and I don't know if it needs one? What do you think?



If this helps, I had dial-up until yesterday and only my main computer had access to the Internet. Every piece of malware known to the human race downloaded onto this computer and it took a dozen products to clean it up.



Do all my home computers on my home network need a firewall or just the main one?systemworks



If you're connecting to the internet, a firewall with outbound protection will also help protect your computer from malware by alerting you to which programs are trying to connect to the internet.



While many personal firewall products don't support Windows 98, there are a few that do. See links below.



Do all my home computers on my home network need a firewall or just the main one?windows



Well, firewallis not required for all the PC since you are on router now...moreover you have DSL, which makes it more safer, because DSL is a unique and integrated connection against cable, which is more unsecure...so all you have to do is relax and enjoy the broadband service...

No comments:

Post a Comment