Thursday, October 1, 2009

How to share internet connection on two computers using CAT5 cross over cable?

I have a cat5 cross-over cable which I have been using for sharing printer and files/folders. And also somehow I once did shared the internet connection on both the computers with this same CAT5 cross-over cable but now when I need it I don't know how to do it. I think I'm doing what i did last time (few months back).



I'm doing the following:



connected both the computer via Cross over cable.



the internet is on host computer and I was to share it with client computer also. so I specified IP address for Host computer 192.168.0.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0



and client computer 192.168.0.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1



and after doing the above configurations I was successfully able to share files and printer.



now to share the internet connection I connected the internet and put it on sharing and now restarted both the computers to take effect. (I also checked the firewall settings) but cannot share the internet but file and printer sharing is fine.



How to share internet connection on two computers using CAT5 cross over cable?adware remover



I loathed networking class, but....I found an article which might be of some assistance to you.



http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using...



peace,



mavin



How to share internet connection on two computers using CAT5 cross over cable?antivirus protection



I am surprised that no one answered the obvious. In the client computer, set the DNS server to be the same as the gateway address and you have internet. Report It


Let the client pc obtain its ip automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment