Thursday, October 1, 2009

I have four computers in my home, they connect to the internet through a DSL modem and wireless rout

I just recently connected a printer to a print server, and finally figured out how to get each computer to be able to use the printer. However, I still can't figure out how to view all the computers (in my "workgroup") from any one of the computers. When I try, it says I may not have permission (I am the administrator) or the list of workgroup computers is currently unavailable. Anyone know anything about this stuff?



I have four computers in my home, they connect to the internet through a DSL modem and wireless router?abtuvurys 2005



I'm assuming you have Windows XP?



Right-click the mouse as it hovers over the MY COMPUTER icon. This pops up a menu. Click PROPERTIES.



When the window pops open, click the COMPUTER NAME tab.



Be sure all your computers have the exact same Workgroup name. I think it defaults to MSHOME but I'd retype it something else or simply retype it so that you're sure its all the same name.



Then you need to give permissions to what folders will be accessible.



Right-click on the MY DOCUMENTS folder and click PROPERTIES.



Click the SHARING tab.



Click the little box "Share the folder on the network"



Click ok.



This should work.



Good luck



I have four computers in my home, they connect to the internet through a DSL modem and wireless router?antivirus programs



modems routers arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh been a pain my *** too try to configure your network so the PC that you use runs to the router

No comments:

Post a Comment