Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Networking two computers with a crossover cable?

I'm trying to connect my laptop to my main desktop PC with a crossover cable but not having much luck so far. I've give them static IP adresses which is working fine, they can ping one another no problem but when i go into 'my network places' the shared files aren't there (I've enabled sharing on the hard drives of both computers and 'file and print sharing' is installed and enabled). When I go to 'view workgroup computers' i can see the computer i want to connect to but when i try and explore it, it says it's not accessible and to check i have permission (I'm the only user account on both computers). What am I doing wrong?



Networking two computers with a crossover cable?antivirus scan



You also need to configure your computers firewall to allow the network connection. The computer you cant access is were the firewall is blocking you.



Networking two computers with a crossover cable?computer security



If you can ping the other computer than probably its not the firewall. It sounds like and authentication problem. This is easiest to overcome by mapping a drive because when you map a drive you can choose what credentials to use.



For example-%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment