Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I set up wireless internet between two desktop computers?

I have a desktop computer hooked up to the internet through a broadband connection (computer A). It is hooked up to a wireless router. So I bought a wireless card for the other desktop computer(computer B). After a while, I was able to get the computer's to connect to each other and computer A works just fine, connects to the internet and everything. Computer B will not connect to the internet. It keeps saying it can't connect to internet explorer. I can't get anything online on Computer B, but it does recognize a connection to Computer A. I bought a portable harddrive because I was told that would make setting up the computers easier than doing it manually. I did that, but still no internet on Computer B. What am I doing wrong?



How do I set up wireless internet between two desktop computers?antivirus protection



You need a broadband, wireless router.



The connection would be this...



1) Cable or DSL line to cable/DSL modem.



2) Ethernet cable from modem to wireless router (I use a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router).



3) You can then connect the computers to your router via Ethernet cable or wireless card.



The wireless router will acquire connection info from your ISP and it will host your local network and pass out IP addresses and DNS information to your home computers via DHCP.



If you set your Windows computers to use the same workgroup, they'll be able to file/print share with each other with a little tweaking as well.



How do I set up wireless internet between two desktop computers?computer repair



is your broadband connected to your pc A via usb or ethernet? if its by usb then you will need to share that connection go to properties on the internet connection and click share this connection with other users on the network.
did you install both the modem drivers and providers and router drivers in both units i think this is a must do thing

No comments:

Post a Comment