Sunday, October 4, 2009

A question about computers?

I asked a question about computers, read some



answers, and picked one I thought was the best.



My knowledge of computers is about as good



as a person with a computer store/repair business.



Later, I read this person's answer again, and I



had written in there the person sounded like



he knew his stuff. I really think this was an



engineer now. I felt dumb in saying "good



answer, you're smart'.



Can you make a confident assumption,



in answers about computers or electronics,



what level of education one has in the answer?



[]



A question about computers?free adware remover



No, you can't. I work in IT.



Here's a tip. Nerds and hobbyists stick to the tech-talk lingo. You will find people who work in IT for a living however will often try to follow the "K.I.S.S." principle (Keep it simple stupid) when explaining things to a computer user when they are uncertain of the users level of confidence and knowledge concerning a machine. Like the nerd or hobbyist, IT pros can speak the tech talk or "geek-speak" as it's called, but they also realize that business doesn't always understand IT's terms.



A question about computers?internet security 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment