Sunday, October 4, 2009

4 computers only one doesnt have internet...?

I have 4 computers throughout my house. Everything was going well until one of my computers cord felll out. I put it back in yet it still had no internet connection. i checked my router it said all 4 of my computers had connection. I Diagnoised the problem and it gave me 3 options 1 was to reset the ip address , i did that noting happened. 2 was to shut off/ unplug the modem did that no improvement. third i forgot.. but i did it and it didnt improve.



4 computers only one doesnt have internet...?downloads



try to replace the cable that u ripped out. use one of the other computers' cables to test. you might just need to replace it. when u plug it in, look at the lights inside or next to the port and make sure they are green and not yellow. if they are yellow, the connection is bad. if they are green you should be connected.



if its not the chord, you might need a new ethernet card which is like $25 or less.



also u can try changing ports on your router

No comments:

Post a Comment