Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why on some computers yahoo homepage layout is different than my computer?

The other computers I use are at the university I attend. I use computers in the lab and the library and noticed every time I use them there. Yahoo homepage is different to the one I see on my laptop. I wonder if there is a setting. The page on the school computers look very updated and organize as well as professional looking with sliver color. With the mail stuff to the right, news information top center. Can be set to a 3 column view or top row and 2 columns below.



Why on some computers yahoo homepage layout is different than my computer?internet security



Yahoo is choosing visitors at random and allowing them to see the "new" design when they visit http://www.yahoo.com/



When a user is selected to see the new page format, the server places a cookie on the visitor's browser which tells the server to deliver that new format the next time the person visits.



If you don't happen to have been selected, and you do not have the special cookie on your browser, you will only see the old format home page.



Why on some computers yahoo homepage layout is different than my computer?network security



At the top of the page, just below the search bar is a button that says "change layout". This button will allow you to add/remove content, and reorganize the content. Also the "change colors" button right next to it allows the color scheme to be changed.
At the top of your yahoo homepage you have the options to edit your page. This is the advantage of having a homepage so that you can make it to your liking and put your interest on the page.You can change colors and layout and pick from a broad list of items that you want on your homepage that suits you. I.E. News, Weather, Sports, Odd News, Your local news etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment