Sunday, September 20, 2009

After i update my computers BIOS it becam unbooted! Please HELP!!!?

I recently updated my computers BIOS,after i compeleted doing it my computer did not boot up.



I must have downloaded worng BIOS. I have the back up of my old BIOS in a floppy disk.My first boot device is my cd drive.Can you please give me the detailed procedure to correct this problem and bring my computer back to normal. The company of my mother board is



%26gt; GIGABYTE



%26gt;MODEL number: GA-8LD533



I downloaded the upzip file from gigabytes website which had a similar name of that of my Model number. Even then my system became unbooted.



I dont have any reset button in my mother board.



Can you please pls help me to bring my computer back to normal.



Thank you.



After i update my computers BIOS it becam unbooted! Please HELP!!!?ducati



Clear your CMOS. Check your motherboard manual, it will tell you how.



After i update my computers BIOS it becam unbooted! Please HELP!!!?hp



pull your bios battery see if it reverts back to the old bios after you put it back in. this is located on your motherboard looks like a giant watch battery.
What the other have recommended might work but it is unlikely that it will. If you did install the wrong BIOS then the only way to fix it is to replace the motherboard entirely.
What do you get when you turn on the PC? Can you even enter the CMOS setup screen? You can try to use a boot disk in the cd-drive to start it (assuming that you need it to install the BIOS firmware). If you do not have a boot disk on CD then you can create one using another PC, or if you are able to enter the CMOS setup change the first boot device to the floppy drive. It is possible that your CMOS settings were changed when you updated, so you if you can enter the CMOS setup then check your boot settings and anything that is part of the boot process.



I hope this helps you a little bit
Hey My Friend,



Don't ever update your BIOS unless you have problems with it, you have a big problem because your computer wont start. Clearing CMOS or pulling out your battery doesnt make any sense. If you have a back-up copy of your BIOS, just read your motherboard manual theres a guide in there to restore that previous BIOS...

No comments:

Post a Comment