Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do I network my 2nd computer with my 1st computers printer?

I have 2 computers



Office computer (has printer)



Garage computer (no printer)



Im trying to make it so I can print on that office printer from my garage.



Both computers are connected to my verizon modem %26 router.



Any ideas???



Thanks in advance.



Mike



How do I network my 2nd computer with my 1st computers printer?computer virus



First make sure both computers are on the same workgroup. Now share the printer using file and printer sharing. After this go to the remote printer and connect.



And if one of the PCs is running Vista you have a few more steps to go through



How do I network my 2nd computer with my 1st computers printer?free spyware remover



First you have to share your printer on your office computer and both computers must be on the same workgroup or network and "printer and file sharing" is installed on your PC's, but by default these are installed . Assuming that both computers belong to the same network (can communicate), first you must share the your printer by changing it properties. to do this, you must open printer properties and select "share this printer" and assign a printer name (it could be HP Printer or the default assigned name will do). Then go to your garage PC and open "printers" on the control panel or the start button (for win XP)... choose add printer and select "network printer".. the system will automatically scan for the shared printer on you network... choose the printer that appears on office PC.. next steps are straight forward and simple.. enjoy..
Use a wireless router if your printer has a usb port, connect a usb splitter to the back of the printer, connect the hardwired usb from the first computer to the first port on the splitter, connect the wireless router usb to the second port. Use a usb transceiver thumb type or router pci card to you second computer. The wireless router acting as an independent wireless usb. cable.
run the home office network setup choosing the current connection and enable file and print sharing on both computers. then on the one with the printer, go into printers and faxes and right click on your printer and enable sharing on it. then go to the other computer and add a network printer, you will need the driver disk and point it to the disc for the drivers, then it should be able to use the printer hooked to the other computer.
As long as they're both on the same network it doesn't matter whether one is Vista, Xp etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment