Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My 2 computers network in my bedroom no longer work. what is the probable reason why it no longers w

i used to have 2 computers connected to my main server computer and it was working fine. but now after i came back from my holiday, the internet connection on these 2 computers in my bedrooms no longer work. what should be the probable cause why it no longer work?



My 2 computers network in my bedroom no longer work. what is the probable reason why it no longers work?antispam



Check the hardware wiring, that is the cat5 cables that are connected to the hub/routers at the back of each PC. If it still doesn't work, then check that the telephone wire is not loosely connected to the modem, sometimes if you move these cables eg. to vacuum the floor it may come off, happened to me. You can ping the two PCs, you just go to start, run, type cmd. Then in the black screen put in the network address of the other PC. you will probably type in "ping 192.168.1.2". To find out the ip address of the other pc, go to the same screen on the other pc, then type in ipconfig/all. It will give you the address.



If pinging is unsuccessful then it means there is no physical connectivity between your pcs. You will need to delete all the network settings, by reconfiguring the whole network by restarting the network wizard via the control panel.



Goodluck !



My 2 computers network in my bedroom no longer work. what is the probable reason why it no longers work?avast

No comments:

Post a Comment