Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How to connect one pc to my tv and dual monitor with both computers?

Im trying to set up my computer to watch movies on my TV and dual monitor. I do not have an S-video hookup in the back of either computer, just the vga ports to hook up my monitor. I will only have one computer connected to the TV, but want to dual monitor with both computers.



One of the computers that I鈥檓 running is a HP pavilion a1540 and the graphics card is an Integrated Nvidia Geforce 6150n le, this would be my main computer. I do not wish to remove the graphics card, I do not wish to loose performance, but need a s-video output.



The other computer is a Gateway with a Geforce2 MX 100/200 graphics card.



From what I understand, I need a video card with a TV output , so I can connect a s-video cable from my computer to my TV. I would also need a graphics card that supports dual monitoring.



I only need a s-video port on the Hp computer, that鈥檚 the computer I will watch movies on. So, the question is can I purchase a cheap video card with a tv out port, just to hookup the s-video cable and keep the graphics card that I have? I need both graphics cards to match in each computer for them to dual monitor right?



How to connect one pc to my tv and dual monitor with both computers?vista



You can use a VGA to video converter that has a s-video output. The VGA signal is passed through so you can still use your monitor at the same time. Its almost cheaper to get a new video card that has a s-video port on it. If you really don't want to do that, this is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment