Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fixing my computers alzheimer's?

My computer is custom built by me, and ever since new its run fantastic, but tends to forget things. For example, I made the computer bypass the login screen to automatically load the desktop, but after a few times it reverts back to asking for a password. Sometimes a file will go corrupt etc. This happens even after the most recent reinstall of the OS and all.



Computers runs great and the forgetting is an occasional thing.



I think it must be the RAM has a bad chunk somewhere and info that sits on it gets lost. Do you agree that the RAM is perhaps faulty, or have another suggestion?



Main System Components:



Intel Pentium 4, Socket 775, 560, 3.60 GHz, 1MB Cache



Intel D925XCV Desktop Motherboard



ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256 MB Video Card, PCI-E



Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory



Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory



Fixing my computers alzheimer's?anti virus protection



Hey X,,,



Try this,



http://www.5starsupport.com/xp-faq/1-123...



That should fix you up.



Good Luck with it.



Fixing my computers alzheimer's?antivirus



sounds like you like playing with the BIOS.switch of admin password in the bios.



then check your hard drive.sounds like a bad sector and if it is get windows to mark it so it doesn't get used again.
Well, if you're making significant changes to the OS like that, it seems probable why it's acting like this. The RAM looks great, but all I'd be concerned about is how you load the OS on your computer. I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment