Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Networking Computers?

I have three computers in my home, one in my room, and in each of my kids rooms. The only service I have in this area is Bellsouth Dial-up. What Im wanting to know is if its possible to have all 3 computers connected to internet at same time, like on a small home network, and how would I do this. Can this be done through a phone line, like setting one computer to accept incoming conections from the other two? Any help is appreciated.



http://www.myspace.com/7seven72007



Home Networking Computers?norton internet security



I am not sure, IM me and I will tell you what I know



Home Networking Computers?spyware remove



Hmm, good interesting question. I use software for web filtering in my home, and it does more than that. It's called FreeProxy. It allows you to setup a proxy server in your home (a server that handles web connections). There is a feature in it that allows you to use Autodial or something similar that will automatically dial a connection out when another computer requests to go online. I like the program but haven't used it for dialup.



It's also good because you can set up a local Cache, so if you like to go on Google or watch the same YouTube video, once its loaded once, it'll stay loaded "locally" for all the computers to watch quickly instead of loading from the internet every time.



Best of all: It's 100% free- only one version.



http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org/index...
What you would have to do is set up ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the dial-up connection, and share it via ethernet using ethernet cable to all the other machines. You'll need a switch or a hub, NOT a router. The computer with the dial up connection will be acting as a router, and will need to be kept online for the other machines to use it. This setup is not ideal for most users, the only reason I know about it is because this is how I did my initial setup, a long time ago.



If you need further assistance with this matter, chat with an analyst for free at thepcmonitor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment