Sunday, September 20, 2009

Connecting 2 computers with Wired hub?

I have 2 computers I'm trying to connect together to share files back and forth, I'm using a wired hub and both computers are connected



Comp A is running Win XP



Comp B is running Win Vista



Both computers have internet access, but if it speeds it up I'm willing to disconnect to from the internet.



I'm looking for either step by step instructions or a website that provides easy instructions (pics would make it alot better).



Note: I've Googled this a few times each website I found was hard to follow and did not correctly work.



Connecting 2 computers with Wired hub?hijackthis



You need to do several things:



First make sure both computers have the same workgroup name. Right click on "My Computer" on each one, then under the "Computer Name" tab, select a workgroup name, ame name for each computer, but the "Computer Name" must be different.



Next go to Control Panel-%26gt;Windows Firewall and enable



"File and Printer Sharing"



Restart each computer and go to Start-%26gt;My network Places-%26gt;View Workgroup computers. both computers should show up on each computer.



if they don't and you are running an internet security program/firewall you will have to go into your firewall's settings and enable NetBios over TCP and you may have to go into the firewall's "Trusted" section on each computer and add the other computer as a "Trusted Computer"

No comments:

Post a Comment