Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How can 2 out of 3 computers be able to connect to the internet?

I've got a network at home using 3 computers, but only 2 computers are able to connect to the internet and the other one cant using a router. I have 2 macs and a pc desktop. The only way I can get the one computer that doesnt connect to my network to work is by connecting it either directly to the modem disabling all other computer connections or tapping into my neighbor's network. How can I get this computer to work with my network like the other 2 that are already working?



How can 2 out of 3 computers be able to connect to the internet?photoshop



Since you said you could connect to your neighbor's network, I'm assuming you have a wireless network.



On the computer that won't connect:



1. Distance/interference?



2. Any firewalls?



On the router:



1. Any MAC or packet filters?



2. Updated Drivers?



How can 2 out of 3 computers be able to connect to the internet?symatec



maybe the 3rd computer is set wrong somewhere?



i really do not haaave a clue. hope some one else does it's an interesting ?.
beats me
You might have two computers trying to connect with the same IP address.In the command prompt type ipconfig and see what the IP address is on each computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment