Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I find out what computers are turned on in my network LAN?

I have a large network of computers with an ip range from 10.2.148.0 - 10.2.150.255. I want to be able to ping every computer in that address poll and then here is the important part



To output any computer that responds to a ping to a text file with just the IP address of a computer with each additional ip address on a separate line. Ideally this could be done using a command line but I have no idea how to do this. At the moment I can only ping one computer and when I output it to a text file using %26gt; test.txt I get the ping response and lots of other information which is not needed.



I really hope this makes sense as I have a big project relying on your answers.



Please help



Many Thanks



Chris



How do I find out what computers are turned on in my network LAN?nortonantivirus



Theirs lots of things you can do, most of the solutions will require a little coding on your part and no need to use 3rd party software either.



Do you possess any coding or scripting skills?



How do I find out what computers are turned on in my network LAN?spyware



use angyIP scanner, this is what I use, it will tell you whats up and dead and appurtenant information.



Dont know how to add additional comments so I am editing this.



Anyway, First of all export your query to a TXT file and then edit the tope header junk (all the date and stuff) and save it. Then import it to EXCEL using the import external data wizard and except the defaults, it should see that its being delimited by large spaces. Once you get it into EXCEL you can sort and modify the data you need, IE IP to HOSTs and those that are dead and alive. Just make sure when you sort in EXCEL you select ALL and sort the entire worksheet.



hope that helps.
you could just make a dos batch file. If you don't know how to then you probably read up on that.



or you could code something in C that calls the "ping" command + the ip's etc...



someone probably has a 3rd party software for doing it.
Angry IP scanner is a sweet little tool. Thanks Slick, for mentioning it. Only problem is that the link provided didn't work. But I found it here... http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/An...

No comments:

Post a Comment