Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Networking 2 computers?

I have been trying to connect my two computers via a Lan cable, both computers have a network card,



I have tried using the network wizard, but it still says that the cable is un-plugged, which I have double checked and made sure it鈥檚 not.



I have been told to ping the computer, but that says it can find nothing.



I know the cards are OK, and the cable is new, what am I doing wrong, please help.



Networking 2 computers?adware remover



If are networking the computer without any router,hub or switch, just cable, you must have the wrong cable.



You can not use a normal CAt5 cable you must buy crossover CAT5 cable.



E-mail me for more questions



Networking 2 computers?antivirus protection



It's most likely your cable. As the others mentioned, you'll need a crossover cable to connect the two. You can make one yourself easily enough if you feel like it, just go onto the net and look up TIA/EIA 568-B wiring diagrams for crossover cables. Otherwise, they can be bought for next to nothing. If that doesn't work, it's quite possible your NIC's aren't compatible (although unlikely).
1. Check the hardwares. through device drivers, make sure driver for ethernet card are installed. use cross over cable



2. make both the computers same WORKGROUP. (My computer right click properties. )

No comments:

Post a Comment