Sunday, September 20, 2009

Improving my computers speed on startup and shutdown?

My computer takes about 30 seconds to startup and shutdown. To me that seems kind of slow can you show me if anythings wrong?



I disabled a whole bunch of services that I dont use and it helped a little bit. theres still about 29 processes running and im not sure what most of them are. i have XP pro SP2



my commit charge is about 320MB when I'm not running any of my programs and goes up to about 470MB when I am using programs.



this is my computers specs



Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.1Ghz (65w) (2x512K Cache)



Motherboard AMD 690G + SB600 Chipset



Memory 2GB DDR2 667 Mhz PC5300



Graphics ATI Radeon X1250



Hard Drive 250GB 7200RPM SATAII



other than slow startup/shutdown my computer works great. I mostly use it for internet, and downloading. Is there anything i could do? thanks



Improving my computers speed on startup and shutdown?internet security



For a faster start-up, you should make sure that none of your programs are set to start up when you turn your computer on. An example of this is AIM or Yahoo Widgets, these will dramatically slow down the start up . For shutdown, I'm not entirely sure, but your computer might be set to automatically check for/install updates when you shut down.



Improving my computers speed on startup and shutdown?network security

No comments:

Post a Comment