Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How can I hook up 2 computers to wifi with one computer not having an ethernet port?

I have 2 computers in different rooms of my house. I have a wireless B router, a DSL modem, and a wireless B USB Network Adapter.



The problem is that one of my computers (the one that I hooked up the DSL to primarily, as the other computer isn't near a phone jack) doesn't have an ethernet port. I messed with the motherboard and needless to say, it's busted. Anyway, I have all of those things and no matter what I do, it's always one or the other computer that doesn't get the internet.



I hooked my DSL up using USB connection, but the router needs ethernet.



Help!



How can I hook up 2 computers to wifi with one computer not having an ethernet port?product key



Pick up a multi port USB adapter. it turns one USB port into 4, then plug USB wifi adapter into one of the new ports.



How can I hook up 2 computers to wifi with one computer not having an ethernet port?triumph



I'm not sure I understand the question much, but if all you need is an ethernet port, just purchase a NIC at your local PC shop. They are fairly cheap and easy to install
Yo said that only one of your computers conect, one or the other.... I think that your wireless router is configure to only allow one conection... check on yor router manual how to change that

No comments:

Post a Comment