Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Networking multiple computers?

I don't know much about networking and thought I would ask this question, although it may sound trivial to most.



Basically I am wondering if I connect my laptop and desktop to a linksys modem box, can I use the programs from computer to computer? For example, I have Photoshop on my desktop and don't want to place it on my laptop so can I network my computers so I can use the program like this?



If using programs is not possible I am curious if networking is mainly for sharing documents?



Thank you for the help!



Networking multiple computers?symantic



http://computer.howstuffworks.com/home-n...



Networks can do all kinds of things



they CAN be used to share documents. I share movies within my network. I can watch any of my movies from any computer. its really nice. I bought a vid card with tv out. so they're pumped to my big ol TVs.



Some networks allow you to use the CPUs together. So I could have 3 computers working (2 dual cpus and 1 single) thats 5 CPUs) on one project. Helps me with speeding up 3D rendering. You need to learn linux though. Its the only OS that can do it as far as I know.



I also share the signle cable internet connection with all three computers. Sweet.



but to get more direct to your question, Yes. program sharing is possible. (I know there are other ways, but I can't recall off the top of my head)

No comments:

Post a Comment