Sunday, September 20, 2009

Networking the computers and laptops in my house.?

to go into more detail, all the computers and laptops in my house are basic and have windows XP. the computer in my living room is connected to the internet (road runner not dial-up sorry i dont know the actual name for it).



Anyways it is hooked up to a linksys wireless router so i can use my laptop in my room. my brother just got his computer and he wants to get on the internet with it. can i install a wireless card onto it or use a wirless usb adatpter (if they sell those)?



thank you in advance.



Networking the computers and laptops in my house.?mcaffee



Yes, you can. I would suggest that you use a usb wifi adapter if you're not comfortable opening a computer to install an expansion card.



If your internet connection is coming directly into your PC, rather than the router, you'll need to make some changes. The best way would be simply to hook the internet directly into the router. Alternatively, it is possible to use your XP PC as a gateway, but I don't recommend this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment