Sunday, September 20, 2009

Computers sharing processing power?

I was wondering if it is possible to use the processing power of one computer on a LAN from another. For instance, my father-in-law does alot of video editing but he only has a Dell with a 1.6 GHz CPU %26 768 MB of slow RAM---I have a MacBook (2nd gen) with a 2.16 GHz CPU and 2 GB of fast RAM. We are connected thru an Apple Airport Extreme gigabit router. It would be nice if there was some kind of program or software that allowed him to use one of his video editing programs to do something on his Dell but my MacBook's CPU would be doing all the work. I figure this would be a difficult if not impossible system to set up even if both computers were identical. Making it worse is the fact he has a Dell running XP %26 I have a MacBook running OS X. I'm expecting to find out it's impossible but maybe someone knows a way...



Computers sharing processing power?computer security



you want to run a program off of one comp, and the end results go to the other comp...that aint happening..plus you want to run a PC program, and put that result on a Apple? That aint happening either, unless your apple runs boot camp, and is running the same os as ur pc...



Computers sharing processing power?free spyware remobal

No comments:

Post a Comment