Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sharing files between two computers with out a router.?

I'm not even sure if this can be done but it's worth asking. Alright, I'll get some basic facts down.



The First computer is Windows XP professional Laptop. It has some files that I want on another computer.



The Second computer is Windows Vista Home Edition and has internet, although there is no router, just the DSL Modem.



I have one Ethernet cable, I want to transfer World of Warcraft from the Laptop, to the Vista Desktop computer so I can play it on there.



How would I do this? I know a lot about computers so no need to explain every little detail, I have created a LAN on my home computer at home but never with Vista, and never with just one Ethernet cable :P.



Thanks.



Sharing files between two computers with out a router.?free antivirus



1)Use a crossover ethernet cable to link the two computers directly.



2)Reboot,



3)Use the create network wizard for XP, and use the Network sharing center for Vista to establish the connection.



4) On the properties of the folder containing the files, enable sharing,



5) Go to the other computer, and retrieve the files through th network



Sharing files between two computers with out a router.?internet



Try sending it to yourself via www.senduit.com or www.yousendit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment