Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why are there no computers under My Network Places??

Two computers, XPP, connected via router. I can ping comp.A from comp.B using 192.168.0.100 and also using the computer name, comp.A., and vice-versa. Workgroup is the same on both computers. Firewall is turned off. NetBIOS installed.



I can also share printers and files on each computer, and even map the drive on each computer, it even remaps after reboot.



But I cannot see comp.A from comp.B using 'My Network Places'-%26gt;MS Windows Network-%26gt; Workgroup. I can see comp.B (and the shares) but nothing from comp.A.



Anyone help me with this? It is the same on both computers.



Why are there no computers under My Network Places??mcaffee



netbios won't run a Class C zero type network



it must be greater than 0 meaning, your ip address needs to be at least 192.168.1.x. it will NOT run on a 192.168.0.x structure



Why are there no computers under My Network Places??norton antivirus 2007



make sure they are both in the same workgroup

No comments:

Post a Comment