Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hooking up 2 computers to share hard drives?

Okay. I really don't know as much about computers as some people. I have some USB and Ethernet cables, and two computers I want to hook together to share hard disk space to make one big super computer, if that's even possible. I DO NOT own a router, just the cables I mentioned. Also working with limited financial means and limited knowledge on the subject.



So anyway, the main computer I want to use is a Windows XP desktop, and the one I want to hook up to it as a mass storage device is a Windows 2000 Professional that I got from my aunt the other day to mess with.



So basically I need some instructions, if any, on how to hook these two puppies up and make one BIG computer. Also some terms an idiot could understand would be nice pretty please. :)



Hooking up 2 computers to share hard drives?network security



You can set up a simple network. If you don't have the network cards you can get some fair cheap, probably less then 10 bucks. (used ones are probably fine as long as you can find drivers for the cards). The computer with XP will help you set everything up. Then all you really need to do is set the options on the Win2000 PC's Hard drive to share.



Hooking up 2 computers to share hard drives?norton internet security

No comments:

Post a Comment